AIK ADULT 300 ENDURO Go Karting Race in Virginia Beach
*10 karts, 2 hours/300 laps $180/team
Virginia Beach Endurance Race Format and Rules:
Dates of Races: Call AIK Go Kart Racing for details
- Go Karting Endurance races are 2 hours long or 300 laps, whichever comes first.
- Each team will consist of 3 racers minimum and 5 racers maximum.
- Each racer will run between 10 and 100 laps per driver session.
- No racer can run more than 150 laps in a race.
- Each team must make 3 mandatory pit stops. Teams can pit as many times as necessary in order to complete the race.
- Qualifying will be 5 laps in randomly assigned karts.
- The Go kart racer who qualifies for the team must start the race for that team.
- Qualifying fastest lap times determine the starting order for the race, not the kart number.
- Go Karts will be selected randomly by drawing.
- Teams will be gridded for a standing start on the track, remember this is a 300 lap race. Crashing or getting penalty in the first corner, does not benefit your team.
- Trophies will be awarded for first, second and third place.
- 10 Teams will be signed up for the endurance race. Each team must pay the entry fee in full 7 days in advance of the race in order to be eligible to race. In the event that your team is a no show for the event and there is no team to fill in the space left open, your team loses the entry fee. If an alternative team can be found the day of the event, the team’s money will be refunded.
- The Go karts will go the two hours with no need for refueling or tire changes.
- Each team will be tracked in the computer and the team with the most laps who crosses the line first after the allotted time or who completes 300 laps will win.
- In the event that a kart fails for a mechanical reason other than a crash, the team will be given a replacement kart the race will not be stopped unless it is deemed unsafe to remove the kart from the track for the team to get a new kart.
- If a kart race needs to be slowed to remove a kart and replace it, the karts will be slowed using the Shutdown system. No passing will take effect under this full course yellow situation.
All American Indoor Karting Rules Apply
- The first penalty for violation of the rules will be a 10-second pit stop for that team’s kart and driver in the pit. Penalties start upon all other karts exiting the pits. Example: Team 5 gets a penalty. Team 4 is in the pit changing drivers. Team 5 must wait to receive their penalty time until Team 4 has exited the pit after changing drivers.
- The second penalty for a violation of the rules will be a 30 second pit stop for the team and the removal of the driver from the race. Another driver must continue racing.
- The third penalty for any particular kart regardless of driver will result in removal of the kart from the race.
- Most racers are accustomed to a 20 lap race. This is a 300 lap or two hour endurance race, not a sprint. Remember that there will be hundreds of turns to get past your opponents, not just the next one in front of you.
- This event is non-refundable. No refund will be given for any reason, kart breakage, violation of rules, improper conduct or basically losing the race for any possible reason on the planet that could occur.
- Please remember that this is supposed to be a fun Go Karting activity. We award prizes, trophies and other items for endurance races, but the goal is to enjoy two hours of spirited racing in a competitive environment without someone getting hurt. Remember your manners and act appropriately as a winner or loser. Take into consideration that there are a number of other people trying to enjoy the same experience that you are. Don’t be a poor sport and ruin the experience for someone else. Inappropriate actions will result in the participating member being barred from racing at American Indoor Karting again
Endurance Race Updates:
The endurance race champions will no longer be determined by the point system. Each endurance race will be independent of the other race, with a winning team for each race. Prizes for each Endurance race this summer include:
- $75 Gift Certificate for AIK to each member of the winning team
- $50 Gift Certificate for AIK to each member of the second place team
- $25 Gift Certificate for AIK to each member of the third place team
Gift certificates for Enduros can only be used for race credits. They cannot be used or converted to any other monetary value.